My idea, suggestion or comment is...

Uploading.

Hello -- the ability on Voxopop to uploading recorded messages could be a useful tool , well that's my idea .
I'm thinking on students and teachers !!
What do you think -- could it be possible in the near future ??
Fred.

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FredFred shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KenKen commented  · 

Dean, first thanks for answering with your perspective on this. It makes sense to make this site different. I was thinking for the ability to upload well-thought-out and carefully edited voice recordings from students whom I train to arrange their presentation sequences properly before recording it. I have been using Voki with my language students, and they have struggled to organize their ideas before uploading their recordings. So I know that a student or even an educator can present his/her ideas efficiently if given time to record beforehand and edit it before uploading to an audio forum like Voxopop. I can cram a lot of information into 60-second clips, but only if I can record and edit them in advance before uploading. The same goes to my students who upload their recorded responses to me using Voki. I sympathize with you and don't know how I can suggest a way to navigate around the copyright infringement issue.

• Megan CalvertMegan Calvert commented  · 

I think this would be useful, and I'm surprised about the copyright comment. How do sites like Soundcloud and Voicethread get around that, both of which allow uploading?

• Anonymous commented  · 

que se puedan subir grabaciones y hacer comentarios a las grabaciones de los alumnos. El profesor podría así corregir las intervenciones de los alumnos.

• Anonymous commented  · 

que se pueda utilizar la herramienta con linux ya que en los centros se trabaja con este sistema y de momento es imposible utilizarla por culpa de esto

• FredFred commented  · 

Thank you Dean for your explanation -- For sure I understand the problem .
        Fred.

• voxopopAdminvoxopop (Admin, Voxopop) commented  · 

Hi Fred. Not on vacation, just busy ;) By the way, "everyone" is just little old me - I'm the creator/designer/programmer/CEO/CFO/CTO/etc....!
        Uploading was considered early on. The main reason I didn't include that is because of the copyright issues it creates, e.g. people posting copyrighted material from music CD's or even learning material. This may change at some stage, but I probably won't do it any time soon. Actually, someone already tried anyway, by recording through their microphone! I had to remove that content.
        Hope you understand!
        Cheers,
        Dean.

• FredFred commented  · 

Everyone still on vacation :-)

Feedback and Knowledge Base